DISINI is an inaugural visual arts festival consisting of a series of events, art exhibitions and public engagements. Spurred by its locale, DISINI borrows its name from the Malay adverb ‘di sini’, meaning ‘over here’ and celebrates the precinct’s rich heritage as a former military barracks as well as its current role as Asia’s leading contemporary arts cluster.
The festival showcase the first and second wave of outdoor artworks by 8 international, regional and homegrown artists. Featuring works by Dawn Ng (Singapore), Nabilah Nordin (Singapore/Australia), Orkibal (Malaysia), Anon Pairot (Thailand), Felipe Pantone (Argentina/Spain), Maya Rochat (Switzerland), Lugas Syllabus (Indonesia) and Kamin Lertchaiprasert (Thailand), expect to be captivated by the DISINI Outdoor Artworks.
1. Catch Yourself If You Can, Lugas Syllabus, in front of Blk 22
2. A Rock Is A River, Maya Rochat, Blk 10 toilet
3. Hati Dan Perasaan, Orkibal, behind Blk 9
4. Glup Plunc Glerp Thint Than Nurp Earm Tinn Gamp Shtert, Nabilah Nordin, in front of Masons (Blk 8)
5. No Country For Tomorrow, Anon Pairot, in front of Blk 9
6. Nenas Estate, DISINI Pavilion, beside Blk 7
7. Chromodynamica For Singapore, Felipe Pantone, Blk 7
8. Pinball, Dawn Ng, beside Blk 37
9. The Ground, Kamin Lertchaiprasert, Blk 37 cul-de-sac
Image credit: Kamin Lertchaiprasert, The Ground, 2018. Image courtesy of National Arts Council.