DISINI is an inaugural visual arts festival consisting of a series of events, art exhibitions and public engagements. Spurred by its locale, DISINI borrows its name from the Malay adverb ‘di sini’, meaning ‘over here’ and celebrates the precinct’s rich heritage as a former military barracks as well as its current role as Asia’s leading contemporary arts cluster.
The festival showcases the first, second and third wave of outdoor artworks by 10 international, regional and homegrown artists. Featuring works by Dawn Ng (Singapore), Nabilah Nordin (Singapore/Australia), Orkibal (Malaysia), Anon Pairot (Thailand), Felipe Pantone (Argentina/Spain), Maya Rochat (Switzerland), Lugas Syllabus (Indonesia), Kamin Lertchaiprasert (Thailand), Albert Yonathan Setyawan (Indonesia) and Richard Streitmatter-Tran (Vietnam), expect to be captivated by the DISINI Outdoor Artworks.
1. Catch Yourself If You Can, Lugas Syllabus, in front of Blk 22
2. A Rock Is A River, Maya Rochat, Blk 10 toilet
3. Hati Dan Perasaan, Orkibal, behind Blk 9
4. Glup Plunc Glerp Thint Than Nurp Earm Tinn Gamp Shtert, Nabilah Nordin, in front of Masons (Blk 8)
5. No Country For Tomorrow, Anon Pairot, in front of Blk 9
6. Nenas Estate, DISINI Pavilion, MASH-UP, beside Blk 7
7. Chromodynamica for Singapore, Felipe Pantone, Blk 7
8. Pinball, Dawn Ng, beside Blk 37
9. The Ground, Kamin Lertchaiprasert, Blk 37 cul-de-sac
10. Transitory Nature of Earthly Joy, Albert Yonathan Setyawan, in front of Blk 22
11. The Orang's Last Stand, Richard Streitmatter-Tran, in front of Blk 6
Image credit: Kamin Lertchaiprasert, The Ground, 2018. Image courtesy of National Arts Council.